Get the most out of your Chapada Diamantina visit
Visiting the wonders of the Chapada Diamantina National Park is a spectacular experience. Make sure to have a look at our travel preparation recommendations to get the most out of your journey.
The Chapada Diamantina offers activities for everyone. If you want to hit the trails to explore more remote areas be prepared for the physical strength this might requires. Whether you want to hike 5km, 10km or 25km its all there – in some areas as well with significant altitude changes. Prepare yourself accordingly so you can really enjoy your visit.
Safety comes first: Be prepared for emergencies – if you need special medication or have allergies (against stings, foods, etc.) carry the medicines that you know works best for you.
Hit the trails only together with a qualified guide who knows the region and the effects that changing weather conditions might cause. There is no cellphone reception inside the national park and rescue operations require special knowledge about the area.
Brasilien Adventure only works with qualified guides – you can rely on us. For treks into remote areas we always supply the guides with a satellite based rescue system.
- Leave a copy of your travel details and contact phone numbers with your family or friends
- Make copies of your credit cards, passport and other documents that you carry
- Make sure you have a travel insurance
- Check your passport validity – you must have at least 6 more month available at the time traveling before it expires
- Double check entry visa requirements:
- Bring different cards to withdraw money (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro etc.) - some cards might not work in certain places. Also inform your bank about your journey to unblock the card usage in foreign places and double check the cards transaction limits.
- Depending on the place you travel to in Brazil you encounter different power voltages. Make sure your equipment can handle 110V (e.g. Salvador) and 220V (e.g. Lençóis).
What to bring:
- Medicines – if you need specific medication consider stocking up in your home country because certain medicines might not be available in Brazil or you need a prescription from here
- Always carry a copy of your passports ID page.
- Camera (incl. spare batteries, charger and lenses)
- Hiking boots – recommended for most trails in the Chapada Diamantina area
- Comfortable shoes or trekking sandals for light activities.
Caution: You are not allowed to enter into any of the caves with sandals.
- Hat, Sunscreen – protect yourself from the strong UV rays
- Light rain jacket – which is also a perfect wind blocker
- Day Backpack with at least 15 lt capacity
- Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle
- Light clothing
- Bathing suit
- Good humor and a smile :-)
Advice when traveling with electronic equipment like cameras and cellphones:
The Chapada Diamantina has most of the time stunningly beautiful weather conditions. But due to the micro climate in this area you might encounter short rains in some regions. Ziploc bags (the stronger ones for the freezer) are the perfect, economic and efficient companion to protect your electronic equipment from rain and dust.
We are looking forward to welcome you here soon. In any case, if you are unsure or need additional information don’t hesitate to contact us – We are here to give you the best possible experience!